If your electric bill is subject to extreme fluctuations due to seasonal usage, Levelized Billing can smooth out those peaks.
With Levelized Billing, you will know what to expect on your electric bill, because the amount will be approximately the same month after month—even throughout peak cooling and heating periods. It does not reduce your electric bills, but will even out your charges and help you manage your electric bill.
With our Levelized Billing Plan, your electric bill is calculated by adding your current actual electric bill to your previous 11 months total and dividing by 12. The purpose is to help make your electric service costs easier to budget because you receive approximately the same size bill each month. This plan is especially valuable for anyone on a budget or limited income.
Members who wish to be enrolled in Levelized Billing must meet the following requirements:
- Member does not currently have a deposit, guarantor or military waiver;
- Member has not made more than two payments after the due date in the last 12 months;
- Member has not had more than one returned check in the last 12 months (other than bank error) and
- Member has not had service suspended in the last 12 months for:
- Bills paid after the due date,
- Misrepresentation to Big Sandy RECC,
- Failure to pay Big Sandy RECC for damages or
- Meter tampering.
There is no charge for using the Levelized Billing Plan. This is a service that we provide to our Members to make it easier to budget their electric bills. Enjoy the peace of mind that comes from planning ahead.
To enroll in Levelized Billing, complete the application below or contact Big Sandy RECC for more information.