BSRECC During an Outage
What we do?
- In the aftermath of a major storm or other event, we implement a service restoration plan which emphasizes safety and efficiency. Our first priority is safety. Repair crews are assigned to the most critical areas to make them safe for the general public. It is important to know that for the safety of our repair crews, efforts to restore electric service are suspended when conditions reach a level that is determined unsafe.
- Our second priority is to restore power in the most efficient manner. After a thorough damage assessment has been completed, our repair crews will restore electrical service by repairing power lines that restore power in the shortest period of time to the largest number of customers possible. This occurs before our crews begin the more time consuming task of restoring service to individual homes and businesses.
- We ask that you please remain patient in the event that your power is out following a major storm or event. Depending on the damage inflicted on the electric distribution system, your power could be out for an extended period of time. Please be assured that we will work around the clock to restore your power.
- For your safety and the safety of our crews, please be aware of all service vehicles parked along roadways and service repair sites. In the event you have any outage questions or would like to report downed lines please notify our call center at (888) 789-RECC(7322). Directing these questions to a service technician at a repair site will slow the restoration process and could also be dangerous. Please do not stop our repair vehicles on the road as this could create a safety hazard.
- Visit our Facebook page for up to date outage information.